The Periodicals section of libraries deanship is established to provide the
users with primary sources of information in order to facilitate teaching
The strives to fulfill the mission of educating the PAAET community through selection,
organization and providing access of current periodicals and journals.
1. Develop policy for periodicals section to act a guide on selection and
2. The next primary objective of the periodicals section is providing
primary sources of information for its users such as journals, local and
foreign magazines, news papers and periodicals.
3. Another objective is maintaining the library's active subscriptions
through selection of appropriate and relevant journals/periodicals.
4. To make the library's periodicals available for use by PAAET faculty,
staff and students through the electronically of journals and periodicals.
5. To facilitate use of periodicals in PAAET Libraries by maintaining good
order and convenient arrangement in the periodicals collections.
The following are the services provided at Periodicals Section they include:
1. Browse current & bound periodicals.
2. Journal receipts & serial control
3. Getting help on locating a periodical in the Libraries.
Processes journal subscriptions and maintains budgets, accounts and
Types of Materials
The Periodicals Section deals with the following items:
Borrowing of Materials
All materials by the
Periodicals Section are For Room Use Only.
2. Libraries Deanship
Home Page and the Periodicals Section are to be used to access e-journals.
Damaged or mutilated journals should be brought to the
attention of the Periodicals Staff, so that the necessary
pages or issues may be reordered and repairs could be made.